02 Dec 2019
International Management Development Programme (IMDP) courses train health professionals in the management competencies that are essential for healthcare programmes to provide quality care.
For further information on the options available for an on-request or a custom course, please click here.
About the IMDP
In order to help countries improve the management of health programmes, The Union has designed a series of courses that address challenges faced by national programme managers and healthcare administrators in limited-resource settings. The Union’s International Management Development Programme (IMDP) strengthens health systems by training health professionals in the specific management competencies that are essential for healthcare programmes to provide quality care for patients.
The IMDP addresses key issues, such as:
• Developing budgets that meet governmental and/or donor requirements
• Organising and training healthcare staff at different levels
• Coordinating the procurement and management of medicines and supplies
• Handling human resources issues, such as motivating overworked staff
• Creating communications plans to disseminate important health messages
• Adhering to practices needed to monitor and evaluate programme performance
IMDP participants are eligible to earn continuing education units (CEU) and continuing medical education (CME). The IMDP is accredited both by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP).
02 Dec 2019
09 Dec 2019